The best way to breeze through your most important tasks for the day is to set up a deep work routine. With Focus Mode on your Momentum Dash, you can close out distractions and get in the zone in one click.
Topics covered in this article
How to Start Focus Mode
You'll see the white Focus Mode icon in the top left of your dash, it looks like a person's head.
When you click the icon, you'll see a menu appear in the center of your screen with several options to turn on and off the Pomodoro timer, Soundscapes, and Tab Stash. You can change the settings of each of these from this menu to set up your Focus Mode experience.
How Focus Mode Works
When you click the 'Start Focusing' button, your screen will change to show the following:
- You'll see the screen clear with a mantra or prompt to get present and start focusing.
- If you've enabled the Pomodoro timer, that will automatically start at the center of your screen.
- If you've enabled Soundscapes, your background sound will begin automatically.
- If you've enabled tab stash, all of your tabs will disappear.
- The top task in your to-do list will populate under the Pomodoro timer so you can see it and stay on task. When you complete it, check the box, and your next task will populate.
How to Stop Focus Mode
If you have the Free version of Momentum Dash, you'll see 'Focus Mode 1H/DAY' at the top of your screen. Click the three dots there and select 'stop focus mode.' After using Focus Mode for 1 hour, it will close automatically.
If you have Momentum Plus, you'll see the icon and 'Focus Mode' at the top of your dash. Click the three dots next to it to open the menu and select 'stop focus mode.' Focus mode will continue until you turn it off.
When you exit focus mode, you'll see a prompt showing how long you focused. This is just one more step to encourage deep work!
Customize Focus Mode
There are several ways to customize your Focus Mode experience and build your optimal deep work routine.
During Focus Mode, you'll see icons in the top left corner of your dash. Click each one to change your settings for that app.
- For Soundscapes, you can select the soundscape preset you'd like or design your own background sounds.
- For the Pomodoro timer, you can change the length of your focus session and break. You'll see your focus time stats as well.
- For Tab Stash, you can see the tabs in your last session and restore them.
Any settings you arrange will stay the same for your next session.
Related Help Articles
If you have specific questions, please send us a message or reach out to us at +1 (250) 419-7669.