Adding a Stock Price Metric
Before you start: Create and verify a free IEX Cloud account to get a unique API Token. You'll need that token when adding a URL Metric within Momentum.
- Visit IEX Cloud's Search Page.
- At the top of the Console Page, type and enter the stock you want to add in the Search section (e.g. Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, etc.).
- Look for the Stock Quote URL and click the Clipboard icon to the right of it to copy it. The URL should look something like:
- Return to Momentum and open the Metrics menu to add a new metric.
- Choose the From a URL option.
- Give your Metric a Name.
- Paste the Stock Quote URL that you copied and then press the enter/return ↵ key on your keyboard.
- In the Value section Select the 'latestPrice' Value (or whichever value you want to see).
- Click the Pinned switch and then click Save.
Adding/tracking different stocks
To add/track a different stock, just change the Stock Symbol in your unique Stock Quote URL. You can search for stock symbols on Google Finance.
For example, the URL for Microsoft (MSFT) stock should look something like:
You may also be interested in...