If your Google Chrome browser is crashing with Momentum enabled, you've come to the right place. This is a known issue that we need your help resolving.
We've been in touch with the Google Chrome team and they've asked users experiencing this problem to send them a crash report. Please follow the instructions below to help us arrive at a solution, by filing a report.
Submitting a crash report
- Visit your Chrome crash reports by entering "chrome://crashes" in your URL bar.
• If you don't have crash reporting enabled, follow this guide to enable it.
- Find the entry for the latest crash and copy the “UploadedCrashReportId”.
- Click "Provide additional details".
• Important: If you have automatic crash submissions enabled, please still continue with the next steps, it will help the Chrome team single out this particular issue.
- In the summary, type “Momentum Macbook M1 Crash".
- Fill in additional information in the description, for example:
• The URL where the crash occurred: i.e. New tab
• How to recreate it / what you were doing the moment before Chrome crashed
- Click “Submit issue”
Bonus: Send the UploadedCrashReportId that you copied to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will further help us track the status of this issue.
Thanks for submitting a crash report—we appreciate your help in finding a solution for this bug!
Momentum crashing your browser but not on a Macbook and/or Google Chrome?
Please contact us and let us know what browser and operating system you're using.