Momentum's Bookmarks Bar syncs with your browser's bookmarks, so you can view your existing bookmarks and most visited websites within Momentum.
In this help article, you will learn...
- How to enable/disable Momentum's bookmarks bar
- How to add new bookmarks to Momentum's bookmarks bar
- How to edit and rearrange the bookmarks that display in Momentum's bookmarks bar
- How to further customize Momentum's bookmarks bar (Icons only, Show Most Visited, etc.)
- What to do if you're seeing two bookmark bars
You can enable and disable Momentum's bookmarks bar by enabling the Show Bookmarks Bar option in the Links section of Momentum's Settings ⚙️.
- Click the Settings ⚙️icon at the bottom left corner of Momentum.
- Click Links on the left of Momentum's Settings ⚙️menu.
- Click the switch next to Show Bookmarks Bar.
• If this is your first time enabling Momentum's bookmarks bar, a permission screen will display asking to access your existing bookmarks. Click the Allow button to sync your bookmarks and enable Momentum's bookmarks bar.
The bookmarks that display are linked to the browser profile that you're currently logged into. If you aren't seeing the bookmarks that you expected, double-check that you are signed in to your preferred Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge account.
To add new bookmarks to Momentum's bookmarks bar, just click the Star ☆ icon to the right of your browser's Address bar.
- If you're using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, save your bookmark to the Bookmarks/Favorites Bar folder.
- If you're using Firefox, save your bookmark to the Bookmarks menu folder.
- Visit a website that you want to bookmark.
- Click the Star ☆ icon to the right of your Address bar.
- Type in a Name for your bookmark.
- Click the Folder option.
• If you're using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, select Bookmarks/Favorites Bar.
• If you're using Firefox, select Bookmarks menu.
- Click Done.
The order, name, and folder that your bookmarks display in can be changed in your browser's bookmarks settings.
Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge Bookmarks settings
To edit and rearrange your bookmarks in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, open the bookmarks settings by pressing the option + ⌘ command + B (on Mac), or option + ⊞ Windows + B (on Windows) keys on your keyboard at the same time, then make your changes.
You can also visit the bookmark settings by entering: chrome://bookmarks/ or edge://favorites/ into your address bar.
Firefox's Bookmarks settings
To edit and rearrange your bookmarks in Firefox, open the bookmarks settings by pressing the ⌘ command + B (on Mac), or ⊞ Windows + B keys on your keyboard at the same time, then make your changes in the Bookmarks Menu section.
At the bottom of the Links section of Momentum's Settings ⚙️, you will find a number of additional options underneath the Bookmarks Bar section that allow you to further customize Momentum's bookmarks bar.
The Icons only option hides the titles of your bookmarks for a cleaner look.
Show Most Visited
The Show Most Visited option adds your Most Visited website folder to the far left of Momentum's bookmarks bar. Click this folder in the Bookmarks Bar to see your most visited websites.
Start in Most Visited
The Start in Most Visited option opens your Most Visited folder by default. With this option enabled, your Most Visited collection of websites will display in Momentum's bookmarks bar instead of your bookmarks.
To access your bookmarks when this option is enabled, just click the ← icon at the top left corner of Momentum's bookmarks bar.
Show Other Bookmarks
The Show Other Bookmarks option adds your Other Bookmarks folder to the far right of Momentum's bookmarks bar. Click this folder to see the websites in your Other Bookmarks folder.
The Show Bookmarks Manager option adds the "★ Bookmarks" shortcut to Momentum's bookmarks bar, which redirects to Chrome's bookmarks settings (chrome://bookmarks/) when clicked.
If you're seeing multiple bookmark bars on your New Tab page, you might want to hide one of them to reduce clutter.
- To hide Momentum's bookmarks bar, simply follow the enabling/disabling instructions at the top of this help article.
- To hide your browser's bookmarks bar follow the instructions below.
Hiding/showing Gooogle Chrome & Microsoft Edge's Bookmarks Bar
Mac: Press the ⌘ command + shift + B keys on your keyboard at the same time.
Windows: Press the ctrl + shift + B keys on your keyboard at the same time.
Hiding/showing Firefox's Bookmarks Bar
Right-click the Library icon at the top right corner of the browser, and then select the Bookmarks Toolbar option.
You may also be interested in...