Momentum's Countdown feature counts down the amount of time remaining before your appointments, deadlines and events, so you don't have to worry about those important dates sneaking up on you! Countdowns are simple to add and display cleanly at the top right of your dashboard.
In this help article you will learn...
- How to enable/disable Countdown
- How to add a countdown
- How to pin or unpin a countdown
- How to edit a countdown
- How to archive or delete a countdown
- How to view and restore archived countdowns
- How to enable/disable the Show Random countdown option
To turn the Countdown feature on or off, visit your General Settings ⚙️and click the switch next to Countdown.
When Countdown is enabled, + Countdown (or your existing countdowns) will display at the top right of your dashboard.
- Click the ⚙️icon at the bottom left corner of your dashboard.
- Click General on the left of side of your settings menu.
- Click the switch to the right of Countdown.
Adding a countdown
To add a countdown, click + Countdown or one of your existing countdowns at the top right of your dashboard, click New Countdown or the + icon at the top right corner of the menu, add your new countdown's info and then click Create.
- Click + Countdown (or one of your existing countdowns) at the top right of your dashboard. This will open the Countdown menu.
- Click New Countdown, or the + icon at the top right of the Countdown menu.
- Type in the Name of your countdown in the space provided.
- Adjust the Date and Time of your countdown using the dropdown options.
- If you want this countdown to always display on your dashboard, click the switch next to Pin to Dash. Otherwise, leave it as is.
- Click the Create button.
Pro tip: You can quickly review the date and time of a countdown by hovering your mouse cursor over it when it is displaying on your dashboard.
Pinning a countdown will make it stay on your dashboard. If you have multiple countdowns and don't pin any of them, one of them will display at random whenever you open or refresh your New Tab.
To pin or unpin a countdown, open the Countdown menu, hover your mouse over the countdown that you want to pin or unpin and then click the Pin icon that appears to the right of it.
You can also Pin a countdown by clicking the switch next to Pin to Dash when creating a new countdown.
To edit the name, date, or time of a countdown, open the Countdown Menu, hover your mouse cursor over the countdown that you want to edit, click the ⚙️icon that appears to the right, make your changes, and then click Save.
After a countdown date has been reached it will start displaying the number days that have passed since the countdown date. If you'd prefer to remove this countdown from your dashboard you can Archive or Delete it in the Countdown settings.
Archiving a countdown will store it so you can view it again at a later date. Deleting a countdown will remove it completely.
To archive or delete a countdown, hover your mouse cursor over the countdown in the Countdown Menu, click the ⚙️icon that appears to the right of it, click ... at the top right corner of that countdown's settings and then click either Archive or Delete.
- Click on any of your Countdowns at the top of your dashboard. This will open the Countdown Menu.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the Countdown that you want to archive or delete, and then click the ⚙️icon that appears to the right of it. This will redirect you to that countdown's settings.
- Click ... at the top right corner of the countdown's settings.
- Click the Archive or Delete option.
To view your archived countdowns, open the Countdown Menu, click ... at the top right corner, and then select Go to Archive. To restore an archived countdown, hover your mouse cursor over one of your archived countdowns and then click the Restore icon that appears (to the right of the ⚙️icon).
Activating the Show Random option in the Countdown Settings (...), will randomly display one of your unpinned countdowns on your dashboard along with your pinned ones whenever you load a New Tab. This setting allows you to keep a casual eye on dates that are far off in the distance, without cluttering your dashboard with an unmanageable collection of countdowns.
To enable this option, open your Countdown menu, click ... at the top right corner and then click the switch next to Show Random. To disable this option, just click the Show Random switch again.
You may also be interested in...