For the best Momentum experience, Safari users must be on Safari v14.1 (or higher). If you're on an older version, Momentum will not display whenever you open your new tab/start page.
To update Safari, install the latest macOS using Software Update.
Updating Safari + macOS
The following instructions can also be found on Apple's official support guide.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Click Software Update to check for updates.
- Click the Update Now button. Or click “More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install. You might be asked to enter your administrator password.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, Music, Photos, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, and FaceTime.
- To automatically install future updates, including for apps that you got from the App Store, select “Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.