Basecamp 3 is a popular project management/collaboration tool. Visit Basecamp 3's official website to learn more about the benefits of Basecamp and how you can use it to improve your workflow.
Momentum's Basecamp 3 integration allows you to view, add, edit, rearrange, and complete your Basecamp 3 tasks directly from your New Tab page. If you're looking for a quick and convenient way to review and update your Basecamp 3 tasks then this integration is for you. 👍
In this help article you will learn...
- How to connect to the Basecamp 3 integration.
- How to manage your Basecamp 3 tasks within Momentum.
- How to switch between Basecamp 3 Teams/Projects and To-do lists.
- How to use the additional Todo features & filters.
- This includes: Autofocus + the View in Basecamp 3 option, and the Assigned to me, Show all completed tasks, and Show archived projects filters.
- How to reconnect to the Basecamp 3 integration if you're having any problems.
Connecting to the Basecamp 3 integration
To connect to the Basecamp 3 integration all you need is a Basecamp account and an active subscription to Momentum Plus. Once you have both of those, simply visit your Todo settings, click the + Add Integration button, select Basecamp 3, login to your Basecamp account, and then open your Todo app.
- Click the Settings icon at the bottom left corner of the dashboard.
- Click Todo on the left side of the settings menu.
- Click the + Add Integration button near the bottom of the Todo settings, select the Basecamp 3 option, and then click Connect — A secure login form will appear.
- Type in/enter your Basecamp 3 account details (or login with a Google account), and then click the Yes, I'll allow access button — you're now connected!
- Click Todo at the bottom right corner of the dashboard.
- Click ... at the top right corner of the Todo app, select Switch to..., and then choose Basecamp.
Pro tip: Hold shift and then press the left (←) or right (→) arrow keys while your Todo app is open to quickly switch between your connected Todo sources.
If you're automatically connecting to the wrong Basecamp account, please refer to this help article.
Managing your Basecamp 3 tasks within Momentum
Adding, completing, deleting, editing, and rearranging your Basecamp 3 To-dos is handled in the same way as Momentum's default Todo. The changes you make to your Basecamp 3 To-dos within Momentum will update on Basecamp 3's website — and vice versa.
- To add a new task: Type and enter a task in the New Todo section at the bottom.
- To complete a task: Click the check box to the left of the task.
- To edit a task: Double-click the task, make your changes, and then hit enter/return on your keyboard.
- To rearrange a task: Click & drag a task up or down your list, release your click when it is where you want it to be.
- To delete a task: Hover your mouse over the task you want to delete, click ... to the right of that Todo, and then select the Delete option.
Switching between Basecamp Projects/Teams and To-do lists
To switch between your Basecamp 3 Projects/Teams, click the Project Chooser at the top left corner of the Todo app, and then click the Project/Team that you want to switch to.
To switch between your Basecamp 3 To-do lists, click the active To-do list name at the top of the Todo app, and then click the To-do list that you want to switch to.
- Hold alt and then press the up (↑) or down (↓) arrow keys while your Todo app is open to quickly switch between your Basecamp 3 Projects/Teams.
- Press the left (←) or right (→) arrow keys while your Todo app is open to quickly switch between your To-do lists.
Using the additional Todo features & filters
Click ... at the top right corner of your Todo app to see and use the additional Todo features and filters that are available to you.
View in Basecamp 3
Use the View in Basecamp 3 option to quickly view your active project on Basecamp 3's main website.
A View in Basecamp option is also available for each of your Basecamp 3 To-dos. Hover your mouse over a To-do and then click the ... that appears to the right of that todo to find this option.
- Selecting this option will immediately redirect you to Basecamp 3's website.
Use Autofocus to display your Basecamp 3 To-dos front and center on your dashboard. Completing the focus will replace it with the next item on your Autofocused list. Check out our Getting started with Autofocus help article to learn more.
- When the Play icon is highlighted Autofocus is enabled.
Assigned to me
Enable the Assigned to me filter to only show the To-dos that are assigned to you within that list. This filter is specific to each list, so you can enable or disable it on whichever lists you want.
- When the Person icon is highlighted this filter is enabled.
Show all completed tasks
Enable the Show all completed tasks filter to see tasks that you've previously completed. This filter is specific to each list, so you can enable or disable it on whichever lists you want.
- When the Checkmark icon is highlighted this filter is enabled.
Show archived projects
Enable the Show archived projects filter to see projects that you've previously archived in the Project Chooser.
- When the Folder icon is highlighted this filter is enabled.
Share your Basecamp 3 integration feedback
Thanks for using the Basecamp 3 integration! If you'd like to see a particular Basecamp 3 feature supported or an improvement made, please let us know! Your feedback is important to us!