The time within Momentum should display the same time that appears on your computer. If it isn't displaying properly please give these potential solutions a try.
Restart your browser session
Exit/quit your active browser session, relaunch it, and then open a New Tab to see if the time now displays correctly.
Reset your system time: Windows 10
Some time zone problems have recently emerged for users on Windows 10. In some cases, installing the latest update and manually changing the time zone have provided solutions.
Installing the latest Windows 10 update
- Click the Start button,
- Select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates.
- Download the most recent version of Windows.
Manually changing your time zone
If updating Windows didn't provide a solution, try manually changing your time zone within your Windows settings.
The following instructions have been retrieved from this help article from tenforums.com.
1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.
2. Click/tap on Date & Time on the left side, and turn off Set time zone automatically on the right side. (see screenshot below step 3)
3. Select the time zone you want to use in the drop down menu on the right side, and turn on (default) or off to Adjust for daylight saving time automatically (see screenshot below).
Reset your system time: macOS
Resetting your computer's system time has been known to provide a solution.
- Click the time at the top right of your computer display.
- Select the Open Date & Time Preferences... option.
- Click the Padlock at the bottom left corner of the Time & Date menu.
- Un-check the Set time zone automatically... checkbox at the top of the Time & Date menu.
- Click on the Closet City drop-down list and select a random city.
- Start typing in your city's name in the Closet City box, select it from the drop-down list and then hit enter on your keyboard.
- Revisit Momentum and see if the time displays as expected.
Restart your computer
If your time still isn't displaying correctly within Momentum, restart your computer, relaunch your browser, and then open a New Tab to see if the time now displays as expected.
If you're using Firefox, a possible solution is to set your privacy.resistfingerprinting setting to false.
- Type/enter: about:config into your url/address bar in Firefox.
- Search for the privacy.resistfingerprinting setting.
- If it's set to True, double-click it to change it to False.
- Refresh your New Tab page. If the time doesn't update, try restarting your computer.
Reset your Google Chrome flags
If you're still having problems and you're using Google Chrome, also try resetting your Google Chrome flags.
- Type/enter: chrome://flags into your Address bar.
- Click on the Reset all to default button on the left of the page.
- Open a New Tab to see if the time now displays as expected.
Time still not displaying properly?
If all else fails, reinstalling your browser has been known to provide a solution.
And if your time still isn't displaying properly within Momentum after reinstalling your browser, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, let us know:
- What browser and operating system you're using.
- When you noticed this time display incorrectly.
- Whether or not you've noticed the time display differently on any other websites or online services (e.g. Facebook, Slack, Gmail).