What type of photos are we looking for?
The type of photo that fits the Momentum experience is one that creates a feeling of openness, expansion, inspiration, challenge, awe and wonder. They should inspire the person to want to go out and explore the world and chase after their dreams. We want the photos to create a feeling of empowerment and implicitly associate that feeling with the person themselves. We feature primarily natural landscape and space photos, but also add the odd cityscape and are accepting close-up nature shots, displays of architecture, animal photos, and colourful art pieces (paintings, digital designs, drawings, etc.).
- Big enough (e.g. 2048px wide), general 4/3 aspect ratio.
- The photo(s) should not include personal watermarks. Proper credit will be provided within the dashboard.
- Bright and vibrant colors, avoiding too much darkness or grayness.
- Sharp and in focus, the objects should be clear and centered.
- Avoid decaying or overly industrial objects.
- Avoid including people.
- Minimal to no chromatic aberration around edges of objects.
- Photo levels not blown out (e.g. white sky encroaching on trees).
- Straight horizon.
- Minimal industrial elements in nature shots (e.g. no power lines, buildings or cars, unless it adds to the concept/composition somehow).
- Avoid too much white in key areas of Momentum widgets (Daily focus, Time, Todo, Links, etc.), as the Momentum overlay text is white and will be hard to see.
Submitting your photos
You can upload your photos to Momentum's photo page. Our curation team will review them and choose the best ones to feature in the dashboard. Photos that are featured will have the photographer's name credited, along with a link to their approved photography website/social page.
Want to add your own Photos?
Alternatively, you can always upload your own photos to your personal dashboard with the Custom Photos feature that's available on Momentum Plus.